Maybe you’ve heard about United Way of Anchorage’s Community Campaign and are wondering Why should I give to United Way? Good question. We’re glad you asked.
People who supported United Way in 2023 empowered us to:
- Connect Alaskans to available services, using Alaska 211.
- Assist families with healthcare and insurance, thanks to our healthcare navigators.
- Support students as they prepare to become our community’s workforce and leaders.
- Innovate solutions to ensure homelessness becomes rare, brief and one-time.
- Convene people with unique backgrounds and diverse lived experiences.
- Seek advice on our Community Impact Agenda and inform our 2024 strategies.
- Host sessions to gather community members’ insights on tough challenges.
We want to keep doing the work you’ve entrusted us with…and hope to do more. We’re trying to raise $4M during our 2023 Community Campaign. To meet our goal, we need you.
Even though United Way is a fixture in Anchorage, we’ve heard similar questions pop up over the years. We think open conversation is important and want to answer them.
Why should my workplace host a United Way Community Campaign? Hosting a workplace campaign fosters a culture where employees feel fulfilled and trust their company cares for them and their community.
Can I give anywhere? Yes, if you select a 501(c)(3) that aids in health and human services and they are located in Alaska, you can pick any nonprofit you want! *Exceptions may be made for some workplaces.
When I select a specific nonprofit, how much money does United Way send to it? Nonprofits receive 87% of your donation. You support us with the other 13%
What does United Way do with the funds it raises? We help nonprofits promote and expand their services and resources. We also continue organizing this annual campaign and facilitating interactions. Taken together, our work helps our community address its most pressing issues all year.
What can my gift accomplish? Read this handout to learn how your gift helps our community.
We use your gifts to research solutions and support efforts that address tough challenges. Your donations are mobilized purposefully and benefit our community today and tomorrow. Working alongside others, we improve education, financial stability and health—always striving to make life better for every person.
If you want to make a difference, please join us. Your commitment to our community propels us forward. Plus, we can do more United than alone. Let’s make Anchorage even better.